Almost 3-10% of women of reproductive age are diagnosed with Endometriosis. However, only a small percentage of them are diagnosed at an earlier stage, where the condition has not begun severely impacting their life. Endometriosis is often associated with pain and infertility, due to its impact on a woman’s ability to have children. As it is a progressive condition, it is essential to diagnose Endometriosis at the earliest, in order to achieve the best results from Endometriosis surgery in Pune.
What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a condition where the uterine, or endometrial lining, which grows in the inside wall of the uterus begins to grow outside of the uterus, often in other places such as the fallopian tube or ovaries. Like normal endometrial lining, which is shed every month, this abnormal lining is shed as well but gets trapped inside the body, as there is no exit route for it to be discharged from the body. This causes immense pain and discomfort, especially when the condition has substantially progressed, eventually hampering fertility until treated effectively.
What are the causes of Endometriosis?
While there are no exact causes of Endometriosis found, there are a number of theories and immense research conducted to speculate why Endometrial cyst may occur in some women.
In many cases, menstrual blood carrying endometrial cells may flow back into the fallopian tube and enter the pelvic area, which causes the cells to stick to and grow on the walls of the pelvis.
Another theory on why Endometriosis occurs is that the cells outside the uterus may change and become endometrial cells. This could happen due to hormones or immune factors.
Immune system disorder
Issues with the immune system may render the body unable to recognize endometrial cells growing outside the uterus and destroy them.
What are the symptoms of Endometriosis?
There are various symptoms of Endometriosis, which eventually get worse, causing reason for the investigation into the issue.
- Irregular bowel movements, especially a day or two before the period begins
- Excessive pelvic pain and cramps during the menstrual period
- Increase in bleeding during the period
- Spotting or bleeding between periods
- Excessive bloating during menstruation
- Pain during sexual intercourse
How is Endometriosis diagnosed?
Once you start exhibiting symptoms, it is essential to see a gynecologist, in order to get your condition diagnosed with the appropriate tests.
- Physical exam to check for endometrial cysts or scars around the abdomen
- Ultrasound, to produce images of the vagina to diagnose endometrial cysts
- Laparoscopy surgery for Endometriosis, which is the best way to identify the presence of Endometriosis in the body
What are the treatments for Endometriosis?
Based on the severity and the progress of the condition in the body, the appropriate Endometriosis treatment in NIBM Pune is recommended.
- Hormone therapy, to attain a balance in hormones produced by the ovaries, to take care of pain caused by Endometriosis
- Laparoscopy surgery, which can effectively remove the excess endometrial lining in the body
- Fertility treatments such as IVF, for women who wish to get pregnant. Pregnancy is also a great relief for Endometriosis patients.
Why choose Heal and Care Clinic for Endometriosis Treatment?
At Heal and Care Clinic, we believe in setting the highest standards in the diagnosis and treatment of Endometriosis in Pune and other conditions faced by women of reproductive age. With cutting-edge technology and equipment in our state-of-the-art clinic, we ensure that each endometriosis surgery in NIBM Pune is conducted with precision and accuracy to further a positive outcome. Dr. Manisha Patil, the chief fertility specialist at Heal and Care Clinic, ensures that each patient walking through our doors is treated with the highest level of care and compassion, allowing our expertise to shine in the unparalleled treatments we offer.