Hair Loss, or Alopecia, is a major concern for many people across the globe, irrespective of age or gender. While this can affect the appearance of a person to a large extent, the issue could also highlight a larger medical condition. While each person deals with hair loss in their own way, with some letting it run its course, unhidden, and others who looks for ways to cover it up. Hair fall treatment in NIBM Kondhwa, work wonders to restore hair growth and prevent further hair fall from occurring.
What is Hair-Loss?
On average, adults have 100000 to 150000 hairs on their head and lose roughly 100 of them daily. This typically does not make a difference, as almost 90% of the hair on a person grows at any given time. However, when the hair thins and breaks off easily, causing hair fall that far exceeds the growth of hair, it is called alopecia. There are various types of alopecia, such as patchy hair loss, hair thinning, receding hairline, hair fall from the body, and more. While some hair loss types are temporary, others may be permanent, causing patients to seek out hair regrowth treatment sooner rather than later.
What are the causes of Hair-Loss?
There are a number of hair-loss causes that span lifestyle to medical factors.
- Genetic conditions, such as male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness
- Side effect to medication, such as chemotherapy, blood pressure medicine, etc.
- Medical conditions or hormonal changes, such as PCOD, thyroid issues, pregnancy, and more.
- Excessive hairstyling or treatments such as heat straightening, curling, hair buns, etc.
- Stress, or a physical or emotional shock
- Lifestyle factors such as poor nutrition or alcoholism, etc.
What are the symptoms of Hair-Loss?
There are various hair loss symptoms and signs, depending on the way in which hair fall appears.
- Loosening or falling of handfuls of hair when tugging, combing, or washing
- Receding hairline (gradual thinning on the top and front of the head)
- Hair loss all over the body
- Bald spots in patches
How is Hair-Loss diagnosed?
The doctor initially takes a physical exam and performs various tests to determine the cause and type of alopecia:
- Blood test – to determine the existence of medical conditions causing hair loss
- Light microscopy- a close examination of the hair shaft
- Scalp biopsy- taking samples from the scalp to examine the hair roots for infection
- Pull test- gentle pulling of hair to check the amount of hair fall
What are the treatments for Hair-Loss?
There are a number of ways to treat alopecia, to promote re-growth of hair, and help the hair regain strength to prevent future hair loss.
- Medication: The doctor may prescribe over the counter oral and topical medication to treat mild to moderate hair loss.
- Hair transplant: This is a great treatment for male or female pattern baldness, where healthy hair follicles are implanted into bald patches to promote new hair growth.
- Mesotherapy: Nutrient rich liquid is injected into the mesoderm of the scalp, to improve blood circulation, accelerate hair growth, improve cell metabolism, and strengthen the hair follicles.
- PRP- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for hair growth involves injected a patient’s own blood, which is processed, and injected into target areas on the scalp, which promotes the re-growth of hair by increasing blood circulation.
Why choose Heal and Care Clinic for hair-loss treatment?
At Heal and Care Clinic, our highly skilled specialists diagnose and treat hair-loss to achieve a positive outcome. Dr. Manisha Patil, the leading skin and hair doctor in NIBM Pune works towards understanding each patient’s desired goals, and crafts personalized hair regrowth treatment plan that caters specifically to their condition and focuses on the expected outcome. Using cutting-edge technology and advanced techniques, we ensure the best hair fall treatment in NIBM Pune of the highest standard of excellence, at Heal and Care.